tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: accessing files/dirs.....
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 20:04:21 GMT
I'm not sure what you're attempting to do here, but have you thought
about ServletContext.getResource() and
ServletContext.getResourceAsStream() ?  Both are safe methods of reading
resources from the webapp whether it be in a compressed archive or not.
There is also getRealPath(), but it will only work if the webapp is
expanded (ie not a .war file).

I can't recommend it enough -- read the servlet spec.  It really does help.

--David