tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: Filter class not found problem
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 00:22:16 GMT
Yes I agree, that's what I thought the problem was too, I was just
working through eliminating any problems on my part (which is probably
still the cause, but seemingly in a less than obvious way now)... I
confirmed the Filter class is in servlet-api.jar, and it's in
javax/servlet... I also moved that JAR to CATALINA_HOME/common/lib and
noted that now Tomcat won't even start, so clearly it's using that JAR
when it's in CATALINA_HOME/lib where it was originally.

I'm at a loss on this one... any other ideas out there?  This is my
first time using the newer JDK and the newer Tomcat... is there anything
more one has to do nowadays besides put an exploded webapp in
CATALINA_HOME/webapps?  Could this be some funky classloader issue
somehow?  Thanks!

Frank