tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Filter class not found problem
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 05:11:05 GMT
Hey folks... I'm having a real pain of a problem here... vital stats:

JRE 1.6.0-b105 (JDK 6)
Tomcat 6.0.10

I have a filter that compiles fine but will not initialize... error that
appears on Tomcat startup:

Apr 2, 2007 1:04:38 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext filterStart
SEVERE: Exception starting filter MasterControlFilter
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/Filter
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
...and so on...

The filter is contained within a JAR in my webapp's WEB-INF/lib
directory.  I've verified the filter is in the correct package, and that
web.xml specifies the correct class name.

I've spent about an hour Googling, and I've found numerous references to