tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rashmi Rubdi" <rashmi....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to reload WEB-INF dir?
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2007 22:05:59 GMT
On 4/28/07, Josh Joy <joshj551@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the info.
>
> For my application, I am using Tapestry which uses
> html templates which
> I was having trouble to be reloaded by tomcat.

I don't know Tapestry, but when I write a normal JSP or HTML file, all
I have to do is press the browsers Refresh button, and I see the
latest changes I've made.

> What I ended up doing was to write an ant hotdeploy
> script to copy the
> files to my tomcat installation then have ant invoke
> the "reload"
> command on tomcat.

Also, I keep my projects outside Tomcat's/ webapps folder and simply
configure the docBase attribute of the Context node to point my
project's folder and Tomcat finds it, when the {ApplicationName}.xml
or ROOT.xml containing the Context node is placed under
..../conf/Catalina/[Host]/ folder.

The above set-up saves a lot of development effort and time because,
all that is required to see changes in JSP/Html is a browser refresh.

> Thanks,
> Josh

-Regards
Rashmi