tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rashmi Rubdi" <rashmi....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: xml deleted
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:02:25 GMT
> but when
> i update the application war file, the file is deleted by tomcat.
>
>     How I can avoid that the file is deleted?

I too had a similar problem before, then I added these attributes to the Context
antiResourceLocking="false" antiJARLocking="false" crossContext="false"

the above attributes solved my problem temporarily, they prevented
Tomcat from deleting my project folder.

But, adding the above attributes was causing conflict between classes
in two separate contexts.

So, in order to solve the above two problems, I set up my projects on
different Virtual Hosts , instead of different Contexts. From then on,
Tomcat never deleted my project or the WAR file.

Setting up Virtual Hosts is easy, if you want to take that approach.

-Rashmi