tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rashmi Rubdi" <rashmi....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Filter class not found problem
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 07:11:13 GMT
> Hey folks... I'm having a real pain of a problem here... vital stats:
>
> JRE 1.6.0-b105 (JDK 6)
> Tomcat 6.0.10

Since you have installed the JRE and not the JDK, I suppose you must
set the JRE_HOME environment variable, and remove the JAVA_HOME
environment variable.

On my installation of Tomcat 6.0.10 there is no
CATALINA_HOME/common/lib , but there's only a CATALINA_HOME/lib
folder which contains servlet-api.jar by default.

So I recommend using the default folder structure that came with
Tomcat 6.0.10 fresh install.

It should be fine if you have servlet-api.jar which contains the
javax.servlet.Filter class under
k:\tomcat6010\lib\