tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject anyone ever altered the Tomcat API to create a Login Attempt limit in the security constraint?
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:11:38 GMT
Any version? 4x. 5x?

I'm actually in the 4.1.3. series, but was wondering which class files I'd need to revise
and customize.

I assume most if not all are in the /catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/ repository, and
figured something like Authenticator.java or Session.java might need a method added to it,
but wasn't sure what else would need to be done.

In other words, whereas in its initial state the security constraint will repeatedly forward/redirect
to the Login error page set, I'd like to be able to create a customized method to send to
another (secondary) error page, telling the user they've been locked out after 6 consecutive,
unsuccessful attempts.

Is this at all possible to do in 4.1 or any other version?

Any feedback is welcomed.

Thanks!

Barry