tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mirou, Antoine" <antoine.mi...@caissedesdepots.fr>
Subject RE: Problems with clientAuth
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 09:57:22 GMT
> The problem appears when changing clientAuth to true. Then, when using
> iexplorer the browser simply can't find the page (or this is what it
> says),
> and when using firefox it warns about the certificate, but after
accepting
> the certification it says that 'localhost has received an unexpected
or
> incorrect message. Error code: -12229'. I've been googling for two
days
> and
> I can't find a clue about what is failing nor what means this error
code.

I guess it's a "-12227" error, and not 12229. This error appears when
Firefox doesn't have any client certificate to give to the server.
You should install a client certificate issued by the same CA on your
browser.

Regards,
Antoine

Afin de preserver l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce courriel qu'en cas de necessite.

Please consider the environment before printing this mail.