tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Reich, Matthias" <>
Subject RE: Memory Leak with Comet
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 13:05:00 GMT
I tried with Tomcat6 compiled from trunk revision 532271 and two
browsers sending the requests.

Unfortunately it is not that easy for me to put the dump on a public web
Instead, I had a look at the dump myself.

First I ran Tomcat with a single connector with attribute maxThreads=20,
and started it with -Xmx10m.
In the dump I saw 103 instances of class
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProcessor and the same number of all
the attached objects like Request, Response ...

I tried again with -Xmx20m (same configuration otherwise) and saw 249
instances of class org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProcessor.

Thus, let us guess that the number of instances increases if I spend
more memory.

As far as I could see the ConcurrentLinkedQueue<Http11AprProcessor>
recycledProcessors  contains a single entry.

But the RequestGroupInfo holds 249 instances of

Instance of java.util.ArrayList (12 bytes)
class java.util.ArrayList
Instance data members:
elementData (L) : Instance of [Ljava.lang.Object;@0x27e379b0 (1204
modCount (I) : 249