tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan G√ľnther" <SM.Guent...@gmx.de>
Subject Deactivating XML-validation
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 16:05:27 GMT

Hello,

starting tomcat takes about 4 minutes on our server (dual xeon, 4 GB RAM). During this time
our firewall reports attempts from this server to access urls that start with eos.apache.org,
but http access to the internet is blocked for this machine.

According to a number of posting tomcat tries a xml validation duing startup by searching
for a file on eos.apache.org. I have checked /etc/tomcat5/server.xml and found a  line dealing
with xml validation:

xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespace="false"

Why does it still try to validate xml or is there another reason why tomcat tries to connect
to eos.apache.org?

Thanks for your help,

Stefan