tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Taylor" <...@imipolex-g.com>
Subject Re: Having trouble building mod_jk on Solaris 10 x86
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 21:31:36 GMT
Thanks- yesterday I discovered that my version of Solaris 10 6/06 doesn't include the Trusted
Solaris extensions, which are in /usr/include/sys/tsol, but later versions of Solaris 10 do.
I installed the "SunOS 5.10_x86: Trusted Extensions header files patch" and now mod_jk compiles
fine. I am actually compiling it inside a zone, and after installing the patch in the global
zone, gcc can see the headers in the zone where I'm building.

Chris Taylor

my Solaris 10 x86 server, but to get the /usr/include/sys/tsol/label.h file I need to install
a Sun patch 124209-01, "SunOS 5.10_x86: Trusted Extensions header files patch". We're not
using Trusted Solaris- is there some package to exclude from configuring in the Tomcat connector
build so it won't try to link with this?

>> Chris Taylor

the errors below. Apache compiled and installed fine. I ran this short script to do the configure
step:

-g -O2 -g -O2 -DHAVE_APR  -I/usr/local/apache2/include -I/usr/local/apache2/include -g -O2
-DSOLARIS2=10 -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -I /include -I
/include/ -c jk_ajp12_worker.c -o jk_ajp12_worker.lo