tomcat-users mailing list archives

From jean-louis.ma...@bull.net
Subject Réf. : Re: Browsing Tomcat from an MC4j console (jmx)
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 07:55:39 GMT

Many thanks Nicholas for your quick answer
I'll read the article

Best Regards

Jean-Louis Matéo
Bull, Architect of an Open World TM
Bull SA - 53 r de l'Etang BP39 - 69578 LIMONEST
tél - 08 20 08 20 00
fax - 04 72 52 51 24
BULL TELESERVICE : Support et conseil logiciels & progiciels multi-éditeurs
GCOS - AIX - Open Source - Microsoft

                      Nicholas Sushkin

                      <nsushkin@openfi         Pour :   users@tomcat.apache.org

                      nance.com>               cc :

                                               Objet :  Re: Browsing Tomcat from an MC4j console
(jmx)
                      29/03/2007 18:21

                      Veuillez

                      répondre à

                      "Tomcat Users

                      List"

Jean-Louis,

Basically, you specify the port number when you enable JMX access during
tomcat startup. Google for "tomcat enable jmx".

Here's a good article:
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-08-2005/jw-0801-jmx.html

It looks like if you started Tomcat using

   set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=8999

then the URL would be

   service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:8999/jmxrmi

--
Nicholas Sushkin, Senior Software Engineer
http://www.openfinance.com http://www.wealthinformationexchange.com