tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Crowther" <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: Reloading shared classes
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 13:36:04 GMT
> From: Yair Zohar [mailto:yair@ard.huji.ac.il]
> My web applications are using some shared class. I put them under
> $CATALINA_HOME/shared/classes.
> The problem: When I make changes in the shared classes,
> restarting a web
> application by tomcat's manager is not enough for the changes to be
> reloaded. Only the tomcat server shutdown + start cause the
> changes to
> be reloaded.
> How do I configure the web application or tomcat to reload the shared
> classes when restarting the web application?

You can't.  To reload those classes, you'd have to reload the contents
of the shared classloader - which you can't do without restarting all
the other webapps.  Any other approach removes the need for the *shared*
classes.

Do the classes genuinely need to be shared between the webapps, or are
you doing this to save space?

		- Peter