tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rao Manekar" <mane...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: how to setup multiple CATALINA_BASE
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 15:47:19 GMT
hi guys
I have implemented what I learned.  With simple tomcat installation, it
works like charm!

I have my two websites working with two different IPs.  Did I say IPs... it
is not IP dependent :-)

For future reference to other people like me here is what I did in my test
environment:

1.  Unzipped tomcat 4.0 zip file and did basic tomcat installation and
tested.  It worked fine.  I stopped tomcat.
2.  Created two separate directories c:\appBase1\website1,
c:\appBase2\website2.
Copied application files in their corresponding directories.
3.  Modified server.xml as follows:
     a) changed port=80 in <connector> from port=8080
     b) added two <host> elements.

      <!-- Define the website1 virtual host -->
      <Host name="website1" debug="0" appBase="c:\appBase1"
unpackWARs="false">
        <!-- Tomcat root Context -->
          <Context path="" docBase="website1" debug="0"
                 reloadable="false" crossContext="false">
         </Context>
      </Host>

      <!-- Define the website2 virtual host -->
      <Host name="website2" debug="0" appBase="c:\appBase2"
unpackWARs="false">
        <!-- Tomcat root Context -->
          <Context path="" docBase="website2" debug="0"
                 reloadable="false" crossContext="false">
         </Context>
      </Host>

4. In my test environment I used windows hosts file and added two (website)
names with IP addresses of two networkcards on that server.  (In production
there should be a registered DNS name )
my hosts file looks like this:

127.0.0.1   localhost
x.x.x.x      website1