tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 6 will not compile under Windows with the current Java
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 14:47:07 GMT
> From: Ron Wheeler [mailto:rwheeler@artifact-software.com]
> Subject: Tomcat 6 will not compile under Windows with the current Java
>
> I am bravely or foolishly trying to use Tomcat 6 for a new
> Spring project. It needs log4j so I gather that I have to
> recompile Tomcat to get the extras.

??? Other than the optional APR connector, Tomcat is pure Java, as are
log4j and Spring - the binaries will run on any platform.  No
recompilation needed.  With the advent of Tomcat's NIO connector, the
APR one is probably superfluous, so you don't need that either.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.