tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rémy Maucherat" <remy.mauche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6 will not compile under Windows with the current Java
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 16:06:23 GMT
On 3/2/07, Caldarale, Charles R <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:
> No, I was just pointing out that the only platform-dependent code
> associated with Tomcat is the APR connector (tcnative-1.dll).  The
> performance advantages of using that connector have been largely
> eliminated by the pure Java NIO connector in Tomcat 6.

Do you have evidence which shows this ? Try to not present your
personal opinion as an established fact.

It is quite evident the NIO connector cannot match the APR connector
performance where it really matters at the moment, mostly because NIO
still falls short:
- On Linux, no sendfile, deferred accept, etc
- JSSE is far slower than OpenSSL, which in addition to that has
plenty of hardware accelerators

Rémy