tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Rhoden <ja...@rhoden.id.au>
Subject Re: tomcat connector through cgi-bin?
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 05:40:04 GMT
Pid wrote:
> I'd suggest getting a new webserver then: 1) hosting is cheap, 2) you
> can configure the server to do what you really need it to do.
>
> There's little point in trying to force a cgi environment to forward
> requests into Tomcat, if your server doesn't support it.
>
> It's a false economy if you spend more than the equivalent hosting
> cost in your time trying to resolve this - not a really a good idea at
> all.

I agree, that is the best option, and that is the most logical thing!
However there are external issues which prevent this from happening
right now *sigh*! I would like to work in a place where the
cheapest/best thing is the thing that can be done!

Anyway, In case anyone is interested, I have now written a perl script
which does exactly that. So if anyone needs a "perl tomcat connector"
send me an email. (:

Best Regards,
Jacob