tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Morris Jones <m...@whiteoaks.com>
Subject Re: Help with exporting SSL certificate
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 18:30:59 GMT
Yerger, Chad wrote:
> I purchased a chained *.SSL cert from Godaddy. I installed it successfully on my Tomcat
Server(server #1). Now I need to export it and replace another Tomcat servers(server #2) self
signed cert with the export from server #1.  I tried doing the keytool export from server
#1 and keytool import into my current keystore on server #2 with no success(The keytool process
throws no errors). I dont get any error messages or anything to track down..the https pages
just dont load.

> What is the proper procedure for doing these exports /imports? Any help is appreciated.

There's not a lot of information from your message to go on, like what
error do you get from your browser on loading a page, so I kind of have
to take a guess.

On server 1:
	keytool -export -rfc -alias tomcat -file tomcat.cert -storepass changeit

Copy mycertificate.cert to server 2

On server 2:
	keytool -delete -alias tomcat -storepass changeit
	keytool -import -alias tomcat -storepass changeit -file tomcat.cert

Sorry I can't unwrap the lines there.

Mojo
--
Morris Jones