tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eric Guinois <guino...@icod.ca>
Subject Loader component nested in Context
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 21:51:02 GMT
Hi,
    I'm trying to use my own ClassLoader for my Web-Application. I
google a long time and find that the Loader component in the Context
component could help me to replace the ClassLoader of my web application
(subclassing WebappClassLoader).

    In the first place, I tried to use the default parameters for the
Loader component. My context file
($CATALINA_HOME/conf/engine/host/context.xml)  was

<Context path="/app"
                 reloadable="true"
                 docBase="C:/apacheTest/test/app"
                 workDir="C:/apacheTest/test/app/work" />

and my application were loading and working properly.

When I change to

<Context path="/app"
                 reloadable="true"
                 docBase="C:/apacheTest/test/app"
                 workDir="C:/apacheTest/test/app/work" >
<Loader
                className="org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader"
                delegate="false"

loaderClass="org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader" />
</Context>

I always got this error in the console :

2007-03-01 16:37:19 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
GRAVE: Error listenerStart
2007-03-01 16:37:19 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
GRAVE: Erreur de dÚmarrage du contexte [/app] suite aux erreurs prÚcÚdentes

I googled and searched for information with this error and googled for
example using Loader component without any success.

How can I use the Loader component properly?

I'm using Tomcat 5.5.20 and tried it only under Windows.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Eric Guinois