tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: Cannot run JVM in server mode with JSVC
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 13:37:24 GMT
OK,

1) Please ONLY reply to the list, you do not need to add my address as
well - you're joining the merry band of new listers who seem to insist
on sending me the same message twice.

2) "-server", just "-server", not "java "-server"" and

3) definitely not "jvm anything" or "-jvm "-server""

Note that I have added quotes to indicate where attributes start and
end. To start a java program in server mode, you would type:

java -server ...

Like so:

case "$1" in
  start)
$DAEMON_BIN \
  -server \
  -user $TOMCAT_USER \
  -home $JAVA_HOME1 \
  -Dcatalina.home=$CATALINA_HOME \
  -Djava.io.tmpdir=$TMP_DIR \
  -outfile $CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina.out \
  -errfile '&1' \
  $CATALINA_OPTS \
  -cp $CLASSPATH \
   org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap \