tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Sadowski" <jeff.sadow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apache-tomcat on an ia64 rhel4?
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 19:16:39 GMT
I'm still really unclear about what tomcat is. I have never used it I
play mostly with php and html.
I have another engineer that would like to use it. Is there a fully
open source alternative?
I guess tomcat itself is open source but it depends on java
development kit? is that right?
I'm more interested in if it could use something from the gcj project?
I know I can run java applications on my Altix 330 it has the "java"
command. I know I can compile some java code as well with gcj but I
take it that there is more too it than that? right? I guess I could
also use gcj to compile the java code to binaries and run them as cgi?
I guess I really need to ask my other engineer but I was just trying
to get as much done as I could and try and install the application he
asked for (tomcat)

Thanks