tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: connection pool
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:24:08 GMT

I dont use Tomcats built in db pooling, use a different one, but I think the
problem is not that it drops the connection, because any pool should simply
reallocate a new one when needed.
I have a feeling you are exhausting all the available connections, and the
pool cant give you a new one.
Are you releasing the connections after each request???
 If not you will quickly run out of dB connections......

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gioia, Michael" <Michael.Gioia@childrens.harvard.edu>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 4:01 PM
Subject: connection pool

Hi, I'm still having a problem with tomcat with keeping up the
connection to the database thru the connection pool.

Almost every weekend the database gets bumped and the java app that were
running needs to have tomcat restarted to reconnect to the database thru
the connection pool.  When we come in on Monday tomcat and the database
are up and running, but the app will not connect to the database.

I tried to use a batch file and have it run in scheduler to stop and
start the tomcat service, but it doesn't seem to work it the machine is
logged out.

Is there a way to reestablish the connection so our users don't have to
wait until we come in on Monday to restart tomcat?

MG