tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Lucia" <timlu...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Console Logging
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 17:37:13 GMT
I wrote an application which allows you to modify the running log4j
configuration on the fly.  It's a Struts app, and relies on the fact that
tomcat and all the apps are running out of common/lib/log4j*.jar and
common/classes/log4j.properties.  However, you could add the servlet, jars,
and mappings to a single app if you wish.  I have found it useful for
turning up or down logging levels on a running production system.  It will
revert to your log4j.properties configuration as well, so you can easily go
back to the configured settings when you're done.

I can send you (or anyone else who is interested) the sources and/or war.
PM me off-list.

Tim