tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5 and the Grizzly HTTP Connector
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2007 21:11:35 GMT
It's probably not really worth trying.  IMHO, Either use Tomcat 6 with the
NIO Connector, or use GlassFish with Grizzly.

Of course, since you are running on Windows, you probably won't be very
happy with NIO (although I haven't tried it with Java 6 yet).  I would
expect that any NIO Connector will be slower and certainly no more stable
than APR.

"Roland Rabben" <roland.rabben@no.scala.com> wrote in message
Hi
I am looking for ways to better scale my application running on Tomcat
and need to know what my options are.

Is it possible to run Tomcat 5.5 with the Grizzly NIO HTTP Connector? If
so can anyone provide me with instructions on how to configure this
successfully?

How does the Grizzly HTTP Connector perform/scale compared to APR?

I have tested APR on my Tomcat 5.5, but I have had a few crashes related
to the tcnative library, so stability concerns me a lot. I am running on
the windows platform and need to do that at least another year.

Regards
Roland Rabben