tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Per Johnsson" <>
Subject RE: Tomcat and Java6
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 10:01:48 GMT

I get this error in jakarta_service_20070201.log which don't give me
much of a clue :-/

But it seams that java itself won't load

[2007-02-01 10:33:10] [173  javajni.c] [error] The specified module
could not be found.
[2007-02-01 10:33:10] [924  prunsrv.c] [error] Failed creating java
[2007-02-01 10:33:10] [1179 prunsrv.c] [error] ServiceStart returned 1

You could run tomcat witout the service but I don't have the run.bat
scripts etc in the installation in the environment right now.. Will
maybe test it later.

There was an earlier thread abaout this here:

/per jonsson

-----Original Message-----
From: Kristian Rink []
Sent: den 31 januari 2007 14:35
Subject: Re: Tomcat and Java6

["Per Johnsson" <> @ Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:20:13

> Do you run on windows with the Tomcat Service? Did you do a clean
> install of tomcat after installing java 6? I have tried both the
> server and client jvm.dll in both the jre and jdk withouit luck.

Ahh, no, our production systems are Linux and Solaris exclusively.
Isn't there a way to also run tomcat without the service atop Win32?
Just in order to figure out which piece of the setup is actually

Kristian Rink * *
jab: * icq: 48874445 * fon: ++49 176 2447 2771 "One
dreaming alone, it will be only a dream; many dreaming together is the
beginning of a new reality." (Hundertwasser)

To start a new topic, e-mail: To unsubscribe,
For additional commands, e-mail:

This e-mail and the information it contains may be privileged and/or
confidential.  It is for the intended addressee(s) only.
The unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail, or any information it contains,
is prohibited.
If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the material from
your computer.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: