tomcat-users mailing list archives

From René Schade>
Subject Hot deploy without reloading
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:25:38 GMT
Hi List,

I would like to let my JSP-pages hot-deploy without an explicit reload of the application.
Is that possible? In my current configuration, the Servlets are hot-deploy without reload,
just like I want it, but changing and deploying a JSP-page does not force a hot deploy (or
even a reload).

My current configuration:

Setup: Tomcat5.5.20, Working in Eclipse, Deploying from Ant.

<Context antiJARLocking="true" antiResourceLocking="true" reloadable="true" path="kvisdok"
docBase="kvisdok" >

Here is the reason for not reloading the web-application when changing a JSP-page: antiResoureLocing="true".
If I set it to false, the application is reloaded on deploy, but not hot deployed without

Why do I want hot deploy without reload? Well we are using Java Persistence API (Hibernate
version). Whenever you do a reload, Hibernate takes 6-10 secs to remap.

Any help is appreciated!

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: