tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: multiple requests from the same client (only 2 threads areactivated!)
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 16:52:32 GMT
> From: Mike Quilleash [mailto:mike.quilleash@subexazure.com]
> Subject: RE: multiple requests from the same client (only 2
> threads areactivated!)
>
> I believe the HTTP 1.1 spec specifies that a maximum of two
> simultaneous connections should be allowed by a remote client
> to a server.

The spec defines the two-connection limit as a recommendation, not a
requirement.  Most browsers do implement it.

> I believe these restrictions are supposed to be enforced on
> the server side but firefox may enforce them on the client
> side too.

The recommendation is for the client only.  It would be impractical for
a server to limit the number of connections from an IP address, since
that would make proxies and some firewalls unusable.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.