tomcat-users mailing list archives

From legolas <>
Subject how to pass a parameter to tomcat startup in windows?
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 22:03:03 GMT

Thank you for reading my post.
I need to pass a parameter like :
-javaagent:%INFRARED_HOME%\aspectjweaver-1.5.0.jar to tomcat startup.
the tutorial talks about a bat file that we can add this parameter to it but
Tomcat 5.5.17 for windows does not has any +batch file.
It just has two executable files named tomcat.exe and tomcatW.exe . I have
tried to add the parameter in java tab after

-Dcatalina.home=f:\dev\apps\Tomcat 5.5.17
-Dcatalina.base=f:\dev\apps\Tomcat 5.5.17
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=f:\dev\apps\Tomcat 5.5.17\common\endorsed\dev\apps\Tomcat 5.5.17\temp

But when i add that parameter here, tomcat does not start.

can you please tell me where and how i should add that parameter ?