tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fran Varin <FVA...@AMICA.com>
Subject Re: Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 17:45:23 GMT

I'v looked at that link a thousand times. Unfortunately, we are brand new to
Tomcat and the documentation strikes us as a little obtuse. On the one hand
it "appears" that you can modify the server.xml file (which we have done)
and the the datasource and context will be defined globally. We tried
that...same error.

It also, appears that you can define a "context.xml" in the web app, we
tried that...same error. What would really be helpful is a practical
example.

Sorry, if I sound like I'm venting but, it seems that everything we try to
do with Tomcat ends up an adventure regardless of how simple it may seem.

Fran