tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fran Varin <FVA...@AMICA.com>
Subject Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 14:05:21 GMT

Hi,

We are in the process of trying to use Tomcat 5.5.20 to access an existing
DB2 Database. Up until this point the application has been running under
WebSphere (We are trying to utilize Tomcat for testing purposes). In
WebSphere we can supply an IBM JNDI Factory Class named
"com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory" as the
"Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY". We can then find our driver and all is
well.

Clearly, in Tomcat the above mentioned class does not exist. I've been all
over the place trying to find an equivalent class that is part of Tomcat. It
boils down to my attempt at using
"org.apache.naming.java.javaURLContextFactory". However, when I do I receive
"javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name jdbc is not bound in this
Context:".

I need to resolve this issue in order to move forward with using Tomcat but,
cannot seem to find a good example that explains how to do this. I've seen
the documents that loosely describe change server.xml and creating a
context.xml for the application. But, this seems like the wrong path given
the way that we have always proceeded with creating DB connections. So, it
has really just added to my confusion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Fran