tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Baron, Bob \(LNG-OAK\)" <>
Subject isapi_redirect problem when servlet mapping is the same as the host
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:18:31 GMT
I'm wondering if there is some kind of easy solution to this problem
that won't require a customization to work around it.
The problem occurs when the machine name matches the servlet name (e.g.
http://foo/foo). The problem is that the isapi_redirect is processing
all traffic going to the site and not allowing other filters to handle
I have a servlet mapped using the name of our product:
If the name of the machine is also myproductname, things are fine for
request that are intended for our servlet (e.g.
If there is something else that should be served up by IIS (e.g.
http://myproductname/images/image.gif), the request is passed off to our
servlet instead of dropping through to let IIS serve it up from a
Virtual Directory. Same hold for .Net applications and anything else on
the box - major problem!
Has anyone had this problem before? Why is the name of the server used
in the filtering and is there a way to ignore it?
If not, I already have a version that suppresses using the host name in
the filtering and it clears up my problem - should this be considered
for an enhancement?
Bob Baron <>