tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sascha Wehnert" <Sascha.Wehn...@torexretail.de>
Subject Rough hint about server sizing Apache/Tomcat
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 12:44:50 GMT
Hi folks,

guess this is a more Apache related question but perhaps someone can give me some hints here:

I am in the situation to provide a proposal for a Apache/Tomcat setup where Apache might have
to serve 4000 clients.

I am a bit unsure about the hardware I need for this. Is a dual XEON 32bit system with about
2GB oversized or to

small? Is there any Documentation available that helps to create a server sizing?

Regards,

Sascha

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ritterhude . Amtsgericht Walsrode HRB 122181.
Ust.-Id. DE 153074644. Steuer-Nr. 36/201/00642.
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Martin Gueldenpfennig. Jeroen Boon. Nigel Horn.
Thomas Pasold. Mark Pearman.