tomcat-users mailing list archives

From uday shankar Aghalaya boregowda <uday_shankar...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: A junk file is downloaded when port number and connection scheme is mismatched in the URL
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:34:10 GMT
Hello All,

Just a clarification on this again as I see some mails asking for info.
I am aware, that I am trying to access the tomcat with the url, which is erroneous
i.,e http://<servername>:8443

Is there any way I can handle this scenario and send a page not found or any other standard
errors to the user instead of making him see the junk characters or having him to download
a junk file(as in firefox)

This is a bug wherein I want the user the see the standard error page and not this junk stuff,
which a  user can not understand.

Regards,
Uday Shankar AB

----- Original Message ----
From: uday shankar Aghalaya boregowda <uday_shankar_ab@yahoo.co.in>
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Cc: uday_shankar_ab@yahoo.co.in
Sent: Tuesday, 13 February, 2007 8:17:06 PM
Subject: A junk file is downloaded when port number and connection scheme is mismatched in
the URL

Hello All,

I am facing a peculiar issue in my server running Apache Tomcat/5.5.9.
I have a Tomcat server setup with 8080 and 8443 ports listening for http and https connections.

When I access the tomcat welcome page hosted in my server as below,
http://<servername>:8080 OR https://<servername>:8443

I get the expected web page. But when I change the scheme and port number,
as below,
http://<servername>:8443
This is what happens,
In IE:
Displays junk characters (in precise, 4 boxes)

In Mozilla/Safari(Mac):
Downloads a junk file which says that it is of type "application/octet-stream"

To shed some more light on the issue,
When I changed the secure server port to 443 and i tried accessing URL,
http://<servername>:443 it took me to
 the default tomcat welcome page and for any other port other than 443, it gave me the same
behavior.

Please let me know if there is any solution for this above scenario and your comments on what
is causing this behavior.

Thanks in Advance,
Uday

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/