tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hassan Schroeder" <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5 redirect vs. forward behavior with welcome-file-list
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 21:52:08 GMT
On 2/12/07, Todd Gamber <> wrote:

> I realize that populating content based on what's in the URL bar is not the
> best design, but I can't seem to find another way to definitively get the
> name of the actual JSP being requested.

TSSIYF -- The Servlet Spec is your friend :-)

SRV.8.4.2 Forwarded Request Parameters
   Except for servlets obtained by using the getNamedDispatcher
  method, a servlet that has been invoked by another servlet using
  the forward method of RequestDispatcher has access to the path
  of the original request.

  The following request attributes must be set:

Hassan Schroeder ------------------------

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: