tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Angel Todorov" <>
Subject Classloading scenario
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 10:00:04 GMT
Hi All,

I have the following scenario: one webapp, which has some jars in its
private WEB-INF\lib dir, and one common jar which I would like to
share among several webapps. Hence, I am putting this jar into the
shared\lib directory of Tomcat. The problem is that this common lib
references classes which are in jars in the first webapp's WEB\lib
directory. Therefore, I get NoClassDefFoundErrors when this common jar
loads and tries to refer classes from the webapp's private lib.

Is it possible to achieve a workaround with tomcat's classloading for
that custom scenario?

Thank you very much in advance.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: