tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Angel Todorov" <attodo...@gmail.com>
Subject using JNDI to share object reference between two apps
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:14:03 GMT
Hi all,

I am new to tomcat's JNDI in general, and would like to achieve this
very simple task: I have two webapps webapp1.war and webapp2.war. I
would like to use a global JNDI context and bind an object reference
from some servlet in webapp1 , and then look this up from some servlet
in webapp2.

I have read the tomcat documentation regarding <GlobalNamingResources>
and <ResourceLink> declarations in server.xml, but somehow i cannot
get this simple thing to work.

Do I have to make any explicit configuration in the applications'
web.xml? Or I just do this by looking up a custom context ?

Thanks very much for your feedback.

Best,
Angel