tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sriram Narayanan" <sriram...@gmail.com>
Subject Advice sought: Tomcat instances on separate machines join a cluster after considerable delay
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 16:38:47 GMT
Hi:

Earlier today, I managed to get a Tomcat cluster fronted by httpd 2.2,
and with mod_jk as the load balancer. I followed the documentation,
had to change the worker from worker1 to router in one place, and was
able to get everything working.

When I run both the Tomcat instances on the same machine, they both
join the cluster within milliseconds of starting up.

However, when I run the two instances on different machines, I see
that sometimes the Tomcat instances detect each within milli-seconds
of startup. And most other times, they detect each other after upto
ten minutes.

The only cluster related setting that I have in my server.xml is the following
<Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"/>

Is there something that I could do to get them to detect each other ?

-- Sriram