tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Borut Hadžialić" <borut.hadzia...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat as a Standalone server
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:38:44 GMT
Buy the domain 'application.com'. After you buy it you will be able to
specify the ip address of the name server responsible for resolving
host names ending with 'application.com'.

Install a name server on your server, and register its ip address as
responsible for 'application.com' (you do that at the place where u
bought your domain).

In your name server, map the ip address of your web server to
'www.application.com'.

On 2/13/07, matthedude <matthedude@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am creating a simple web application that will consist of a few servlets
> and a MySQL database. I have installed tomcat and am using it in development
> with the normal 'localhost' address but have not been able to find any good
> tutorials on deploying the application to a web address such as
> 'www.application.com' so that anyone on the internet can enter their
> information. The website will not get very many hits and is only harvesting
> small amounts of data so my intention is to use a cheap PC with MySQL and
> tomcat to run the website. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Matthew
> --

Why?
Because YES!