tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sheets, Jerald" <JShe...@weather.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat & Cobertura
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 19:04:22 GMT
Most likely something to do with Windows support/pathing, etc.

We don't run Windows Tomcat, so I can't answer your question in that
respect.

Our load prevents us from using Windows in production.

--jms

-----Original Message-----
From: dhay@lexmark.com [mailto:dhay@lexmark.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 12:46 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat & Cobertura

Ok....so back to my original question! ;-)

Any idea what's hidden in tomcat5.exe that is different from running
startup.bat, and prevents Cobertura from recognizing when the server is
shutdown?

cheers,

David
x54680

             "Caldarale,

             Charles R"

             <Chuck.Caldarale@
             unisys.com>               "Tomcat Users List"

                                       <users@tomcat.apache.org>

             02/20/2007 11:59
cc
             AM

Subject
                                       RE: Tomcat & Cobertura

             Please respond to

               "Tomcat Users

                   List"

             <users@tomcat.apa

                 che.org>

> From: Sheets, Jerald [mailto:JSheets@weather.com]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat & Cobertura
>
> Startup.bat calls catalina.bat which calls tomcat5.exe

You apparently haven't actually looked at the scripts.  The catalina.bat
script does not use tomcat5.exe; it starts up Tomcat with the standard
Java launcher.

The tomcat5.exe program is normally used only to run Tomcat as a
service, although there's nothing that stops it from being used from the
command prompt as an alternative launcher.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.