tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk replacement?
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:10:57 GMT
ProxyPass doesn't accept wildcards like this.
You can either Proxy a complete path, and 'unproxy' the ones you don't need:

ProxyPass /scripts/ 	!  		# exclamation mark == 'not'
ProxyPass /images/	!		# exclamation mark == 'not'
ProxyPass /		ajp://host:0/	# proxy the rest

Or you can use mod_rewrite to proxy more specific URLs:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule   ^\/(.+)\.jsp(.+)?   ajp://host/$1.jsp$2 [P,L]

rgds

Raj Mettai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how to put wildcards into ProxyPass, for example if I want to send only jsp requests
to tomcat and not html like below.

> ProxyPass /*.jsp  ajp://127.0.0.1:8009/
>
> the above config is not working, I have jsp files spread across multiple folders on tomcat
and the same folder structure on apache has html pages, so I want to forward only jsp requests
to tomcat

> thanks
>
> Raj
>

> Please Note: Due to Florida's very broad public records law, most written communications
to or from College employees regarding College business are public records, available to the
public and media upon request. Therefore, this email communication may be subject to public
disclosure