tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Scott Danforth <sdanfo...@epathlearning.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk sticky session still not working
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:25:06 GMT
Hi Mladen,

I really appreciate your help, and am happy that you're seeing a problem
in the log output.

I think I've got the Engine attributes specified correctly, and the two
different jvmRoute values do show up in the mod_jk log.

<Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0"
jvmRoute="tomcat1" />
<Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0"
jvmRoute="tomcat2" />

Maybe if I give the Engines different names? It sounds like we're
expecting the jvmRoute to be appended to the sessionId that is returned
in the Set-Cookie header? If so, I guess mod_jk is working as expected,
and I'm just not getting the right sessionid created by Tomcat.

I'm not using Boss. Just Apache and Tomcat on a single Solaris machine.

    -- Scott.

Mladen Turk wrote:

> Scott Danforth wrote:
>
>> Mladen Turk wrote:
>>

>> Thanks for your help. That sounds very reasonable, and I modifed the
>> two server.xml Engine elements as suggested, but it appears to make
>> no difference.
>>
>> get_most_suitable_worker::jk_lb_worker.c (733): searching worker for
>> partial sessionid 9E36E3DC58A09ED9045B25F839E37A2C
>

> You still don't have jvmRoute appended.
> Check if jvmRoute (param name is case sensitive!) is
> correctly set up.
> Also, if you use JBoss add <attribute name="UseJK">true</attribute>
> see:
> http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=UsingMod_jk1.2WithJBoss
>

> Regards,
> Mladen.