tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Morris Jones <m...@whiteoaks.com>
Subject Can one have a log4j repository per webapp in Tomcat?
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 20:54:47 GMT
At my company we have Tomcat 5.5 instances running lots of webapps, and
problems with those apps interfering with each other's log files --
especially in instances of libraries like hibernate.

I've read and understand the principles of using log4j respositories,
such as Ceki Gülcü's document here <http://www.qos.ch/logging/sc.jsp>,
but I get the impression that a component-based RepositorySelector is
not available in Tomcat.

Is there a known way to eliminate interference between web applications
in logging when using a log4j in common/lib?

Best regards,
Mojo
--
Morris Jones