tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Rhoden <ja...@rhoden.id.au>
Subject Re: Mysql timouts...
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 13:44:28 GMT
Thanks for your reply, I have read through that document and the one on
the mysql website, and discovered these other parameters, so I added
this as well. It didnt make any difference. The mysqladmin program still
reports the connections going untouched for hours.

      validationQuery="select 1"  testWhileIdle="true"
      timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis="60000"
      minEvictableIdleTimeMillis="60000"

David Smith wrote:
> As a side note, drop the autoReconnect=true from your database url.
> It's not recommended and actually does not prevent SQLExceptions on
> connections that go stale.  It just restores the connection for the next
> request after the exception.  The MySQL website has further information
> regarding what autoReconnect actually does.  One of these days, the
> tomcat docs should be updated to remove that.

I will have to read the documents to find out why having the connection
automatically reconnected if there was a problem is bad thing, it is not
clear from first reading.

Best Regards,
Jacob