tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Rhoden <ja...@rhoden.id.au>
Subject Re: Mysql timouts...
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 10:58:53 GMT

Jacob Rhoden wrote:
> I am having the seemingly common "Broken pipe" to mysql problem with
> tomcat.
>
>  <Resource auth="Container" name="jdbc/blah" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
>      maxActive="5" removeAbandoned="true"
>      maxIdle="2" maxIdleTime="300" idleConnectionTestPeriod="60"
>      maxWait="10000" username="blah" password="blah"
>      driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
> url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/blah?autoReconnect=true&amp;useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=utf8"/>

I have installed a most up to date version of tomcat 5.5.20/mysql5.0.4
connector on Redhat Enterprise WS 4, and according to the mysqladmin
tool, the connections are not used (remain in sleep mode for way more
than the idleConnectionTestPeriod variable), which makes me think this
configuration is invalid. Is there anyway to ensure tomcat
tests/refreshes its database connections?

Best Regards,
Jacob