tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat/mod_jk/Apache - up to date - matching versions?
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:19:37 GMT
All of those would fit together. Neither of those (except maybe 2.2.4)
is to young, so a lot of people already tried them and bugs concerning
their mainstream usage will be in the bug database very likely.

Concerning Tomcat, version 5.5.22 is in release preparation. There have
been serveral fixes between 5.5.20 and 5.5.22, which means you can get a
couple of intersting fixes with 5.5.22, but you also get a little risk,
because you would need to hop onto it directly after release. The same
holds true for mod_jk 1.2.21.

There have been no version compatibility issues between httpd, mod_jk,
Tomcat and the JVM for a long time. (I'm no talking about Java 6 or TC
6, which are both a little to young to judge).

The version do not need to match, their development cycle is independant
of each other.

Beware, that for Tomcat 5.5.20 there was a packaging issue, so the mail
factory was missing and has to be copied in from an older version. This
issue is documented e.g. in issues.apache.org.

Regards,

Rainer