tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Mod_jk & mod_rewrite on same app
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 21:35:23 GMT
Have a look at:

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/apache.html

especially the directive JkWorkerIndicator.

If you combine

SetHandler jakarta-servlet

(this tells apache to let mod_jk handle the request) with setting the
environment variable whose name ist set via JkWorkerIndicator to t1 or
t2 depending on the request, you can determine the forwarding target
during runtime. Your last task would be combining this with your
existing rewrite rule and finding out, if there is a good way of
combining the rewrite with setting the variable to an the appropriate
value. Like: first check the URL and set the variable t t1 or t2
depending on the URL, then aply your rewrite rule and let mod_jk handle
the result by setting sethandler.

The feature is exlained in more detail a little down the page. It has
been introduced in mod_jk 1.2.19, so you would need a relatively recent
version of mod_jk.

Have fun,

Rainer

romain.bourgue@agriculture.gouv.fr schrieb:
> Hi,
>

> I have a webapp "/app" installed on 2 Tomcat servers : one server is production "t1"
and the other, "t2", is development.

> How can I, from a single apache (httpd) server, in a single virtualhost, redirect /app
to /app on t1 and /app_dev to /app on t2 ?