tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>
Subject Re: Inicialization of an UnsignedByte variable
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:31:55 GMT
En l'instant précis du 02/15/07 13:23, Alicia Sánchez-Mora s'exprimait
en ces termes:

> What happens here is that you cannot convert a string to long and this
> cause tomcat to throw a NumberFormatException.
No, tomcat does not throw a NumberFormatException, The library does it
and you do not catch it in your code.
> This is why I created a
> custom UnsignedByte class as I already wrote. So my question is still
> why in
> the server side (tomcat is running) the blob length is cero?
Probably because "this is a test" could not be converted to anything
meaningfull and finished as '0' ?

You have a service that seems to expects an 'Unsigned Byte', you are
putting great efforts to provide it with a random non numeric String
instead of an number in correct range, and then you are wondering why it
does not work?!? This is a nonsense.