tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stefan <stefan.rie...@telig.de>
Subject Re: ampersand (&amp;) handling in jspx - any workaround?
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 20:38:29 GMT
Robert Koberg schrieb:
> On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:05:02 -0500, Christopher Schultz
> <chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
>
>> Stefan wrote:
>>> but where do I need a single "&" in the generated XML. That's forbidden
>>> a causes the problems. Can You come up a use case?
>>
>> Oh, I'm not saying that it's a good idea. I actually agree that emitting
>> a single & doesn't make any sense.
>>
>> Compare this to XSLT. If you want a stylesheet to emit an '&', don't you
>> use &amp;? And if you want to emit '&amp;' you have to double it.
>
> No, if your output method is XML (or XHTML in XSL v2) then it does not
> convert it to &. If your output is HTML or text then it does.
>
> Why not just use XSL or something like Velocity or Freemarker?
Simplicity and flexibility.  We have a cocoon site running for about 3
or 4 years. For the application we develop now, we do not need that much
xml functionality. It gets not even heavy loaded. So a simple xslt
filter servlet will do the trick and we are open to use all other
frameworks as needed in the future. But anyway a good hint. I'll read
about the mentioned frameworks. Thanks.

> best,
> -Rob

Stefan