tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <>
Subject Re: insight into
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 20:57:31 GMT
Actually, is really just an abstract path that can map to a
file or a servlet.  Take a look in the WEB-INF/web.xml file of the occa
webapp for the servlet mappings.  There should be a servlet there mapped
to *.do or  The class in that mapping is responsible for
handling the request.

Steve Ingraham wrote:

>I am looking for some information on how I can track down and read the
>particular code on a web page.  Above is an address to an intranet web
>page that our users use to input information into a database.  I
>understand that /occa is a directory on the server but I
>cannot find where the specific script for this page is and how the data
>is passed onto the database.  In my limited understanding I thought
>there would be a file in the /occa directory named but there is
>not.  So, is this a call up to run some other file or script?  My reason
>for asking about this is that I am basically trying to track down which
>field and table a particular field's data is passed to when a user
>inputs data on the web page.
>I have talked with several of you guys in the past and you have been
>very helpful.  Although I have mentioned it before, I will say again
>that I am trying to manage a system that was developed by my predecessor
>and I have little to no information on how he developed this application
>or where it resides.  I am pretty much left with trying to reverse
>engineer what was done.  Is there a way I can track down how the user's
>data is captured and stored in the database?
>Thanks in advance for your help,

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: