tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tomas Pop <...@master.cz>
Subject how to change Tomcat default headers
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 13:40:08 GMT
Hello,

I have this problem:

Tomcat adds (or at least did in the 4.1 branch) certain response
headers, directives to clients and proxy caches to not cache the data,
when it is to serve something within a security-constraint.

[It seems that] When IE downloads something with a mime-type it thinks
it can handle (probably via a plug-in) it caches the data and then
passes it over to the plug-in. With SSL and the Pragma header set to
no-cache this seems to fail.

Problems are with these headers in IE:

Pragma = No-cache
Cache-Control = No-cache

I can change it in action in this way:

response.setHeader("Pragma", "public");
response.setHeader("Cache-Control", "max-age=0");

This works fine. But how can I set these headers not in my action, but
for Tomcat default servlet? For example, when I want to view DOC file
with mime-type "application/msword", I click on the file and it's
processed by Tomcat default servlet and there are bad headers for IE.

Thanks.

--
Mgr. Tomas Pop
Master Internet s.r.o.